Increasing demand from top OEMs to diversify their product portfolios has required CWT to overcome manufacturing challenges associated with nickel titanium. Our engineering team’s ability to quickly produce samples and prototypes helps innovative startups fast track new product development.
Our long history with coiling stainless steel wire laid the foundation for our success with nitinol. To serve the ever changing needs of the industry, CWT has invested in dedicated equipment to its nitinol coil manufacturing line.
Sizing and Specs
- Experience with all grades and finishes of Nickel Titanium
- Nitinol core wires with ground tapers and profiles
- Starting wire sizes as small as 0.005” OD up to 0.125” OD
- Nitinol coils made from round or flat wire
- Wire as small as 0.0008” in OD or thickness
- Computer-controlled parameters for pitch, length, and tension
- Custom-shaped Nitinol wireforms and assemblies
- Full machine shop for custom fixture manufacturing
- Nitinol k-wires and pins with threads and sharp tips
- Custom sized and shaped mandrels produced in-house